Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Auld Lang Syne


Sharon Wildwind

The weather is appreciably gloomy this morning: sleet, frozen rain, and a promise of snow and wind until noon. I’m rather glad. It fits my mood. If it were bright sunshine and blue sky, it would be even harder to say good-bye.

When I started here with the Daughters, I was working on book number three in my first mystery series. That series finished out at five books.

As I leave the Daughters, here’s what I have on the go:

  • Carrying the Blood - a stand-alone mystery set in a Calgary folk music club needs one more read through before it’s ready to go looking for a publisher.
  • Willful Missing - my first complete play will be entered in a contest March 1
  • Whiskeyjack - I’ve started work on the first book in my new series, set in a nursing station in northern Alberta. One of the main characters is from the Isle of Sky, and Burns Night is only 11 days away, so here’s a little bit of Scottish flavor to go out on.
Some ad is likely to pop up in the middle of this. I'd turn it off if I knew how, but I don't, so just click the little X to make it go away.



And here’s my deep, dark secret — I’m writing a little fan fic set in the Harry Potter universe. At my age? As someone in my critique group said, “Why the heck not?”

I know if I hit a rough spot in any of this I can call on any of you, and you'd be glad to help. That's what friends are for.

The same back to you. If I can be of any help as you write, please get in touch with me.

web: www. wildwindauthor.com
blog: sharoncreate@wildwindauthor.com
Twitter: @sharww
Google+: Google.com/+Wildwindauthor

Final quote:
© Photo Lance Keimig/Isle of Skye

Lance is a wonderful photographer who specializes in night photography. Check out Night Photography here.

3 comments:

J.R. said...

Beautiful words and images, Sharon. Thanks, as always, for the inspiration.

Sandra Parshall said...

Sharon, you've been an inspiration to me as a writer as well as a good friend. I hope that will never change.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, sisters,

I have learned so much by doing this with you. You're inspirational.