Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Window Shopping (or Last Minute Gift Ideas)

by Julia Buckley

Half the fun of Christmas presents is window shopping.  But in case you need some last minute ideas, maybe you'll actually want to purchase one of these!

Check out this gorgeous book-lover's basket on Amazon!

This donut maker looks like a winner to me--but since I'm hoping to drop some pounds in 2013 I guess I'll forego. Check it out!

Love your earth by nurturing your own little ecosphere.

The gardener on your list might enjoy this beautiful sundial.

Feeling frugal? Click the link above for some thoughtful (yet money-saving) ideas.

I love this medieval knight; he makes a terrific companion to books on a shelf.

GAME OF THRONES fans would love these awesome dragon bookends.

Remember IT TAKES A THIEF with Robert Wagner?  Wireless catalog has the entire series on DVD.

I could go on, but of course the best gift you can give anyone is the gift of time with you.

As Christmas approaches, I hope you're all able to avoid the crush of shoppers and find some peace in the splendor of nature.

5 comments:

Sheila Connolly said...

For some reason I'm on the Heifer catalog mailing list (there's actually a Heifer farm in central Massachusetts), which offers me the opportunity to buy a tenth of a water buffalo for some poor family somewhere in the world. Don't get me wrong--I think they're legitimate and do good work. But I get a lot of entertainment from reading the catalog. Would I rather give 20% of a llama? A trio of guinea pigs (raised for food)? Decisions, decisions.

Sandra Parshall said...

I get those catalogs too, Sheila, but I'm going to try to make them take me off their list. I can't imagine myself giving somebody an animal to kill and eat.

Jeri Westerson said...

I guess you know which one I like.

Julia Buckley said...

Jeri, I think I do know. :)

Sheila and Sandra, I think my name must have been sold multiple times, because I get a giant pile of catalogs. Sometimes I even read them. :)

mike said...

I was looking for gift shopping ideas and come across this post, you have shared great post about
Christmas Window Shopping (or Last Minute Gift Ideas) thanks for sharing..