By Julia Buckley
As a continuation of last week's mystery quiz, here are some more questions to test your mystery mettle. Last week's champion: Lori Lake. (This week's answers to be posted later if people don't identify them).
1. Which English chief inspector was often accompanied in his office by an extremely intelligent (and elusive) cat named Cyril?
2. In which Sue Grafton novel did Kinsey develop a relationship with Robert Dietz, the tough bodyguard?
3. What was the pseudonym of writer and critic William Anthony Parker White?
4. What noted science fiction writer published his first detective novel at the age of sixty-five? (In 1985)
5. Who created the character of Professor Kate Fansler?
6. This award winning author of Glitz was quoted as saying of his writing, "I try to leave out the parts that people skip."
7. What was the shared pseudonym of the two cousins Frederic Dannay and Manfred B. Lee (both born in 1905)?
8. What award-winning English mystery writer also uses the name Barbara Vine?
9. Who wrote "Rear Window?"
10. Dorothy Gilman is famous for the creation of what beloved fictional character?