Happy Monday! While you contemplate this old picture of my son dressed as Sherlock Holmes (would that he were still that tiny!), I have some mystery questions for you to answer. Let's see how many of you can get a perfect score.
1. Which mystery heroine had a best friend named Bess Myerson?
2. Which fictional detective first met his romantic interest when she was on trial for poisoning her lover?
3. Which hard boiled detective enjoyed playing chess by himself?
4. Which world-famous, prolific mystery writer lived for many years in Iraq?
5. Which famous fictional detective once said, "Women are never to be entirely trusted; not the best of them."
6. Which novelist and playwright won an Edgar for her novel A Dram of Poison?
7. Who came first, Auguste Dupin or Sherlock Holmes?
8. Which MWA Grand Master created Chief Inspector Jules Maigret?
9. Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo won an Edgar for their fourth novel, The Laughing Policeman. What else is distinctive about this writing team?
10. What are the names of the novels written by the Poe's Deadly Daughters? :)
Okay, how did you do? Are you a mystery expert? Let us know! (Answers to be posted later).